Collisional energy transfer in the two-channel decomposition of 1,1,2,2-tetrafluorocyclobutane and 1-methyl-2,2,3,3-tetrafluorocyclobutane, II. Gas/wall collisions
- 14 Downloads
The efficiency of gas/wall vibrational energy transfer has been studied over the temperature range 800–1100 K by the “variable encounter” method. The average energies transferred per deactiviting collisions with the wall were determined at 800 K to be 3200 cm−1 and 2900 cm−1 for the 1,1,2,2-tetrafluorocyclobutane (TFCB) and 1-methyl-2,2,3,3-tetrafluorocyclobutane (MTFCB) molecules, respectively. This energy increased strongly with decreasing temperature. A comparison is made of <ΔE′> with previous results for related molecules.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Catalysis Energy Transfer Average Energy Vibrational Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Chow, D.J. Wilson: J. Phys. Chem.,66, 342 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Zalotai, T. Turányi, T. Bérces, F. Márta: React. Kinet. Catal. Lett.,51, 401 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Zalotai, T. Bérces, F. Márta: React. Kinet. Catal. Lett.,40, 41 (1989); L. Zalotai, T. Bérces, F. Márta: J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans.,86, 21 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.D.F. Kelley, L. Zalotai, B.S. Rabinovitch: Chem. Phys.,46, 379 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.D.C. Tardy, B.S. Rabinovitch: Chem. Rev.,77, 369 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.D.C. Tardy, B.S. Rabinovitch: J. Chem. Phys.,48, 1282 (1968).Google Scholar