The novel boundary integral equation method for solving arbitrary cross-section waveguides
- 19 Downloads
A novel method for solving arbitrary cross-sectionn waveguides is presented. The novel method is a modification of the eigen-weighted boundary integral equation method; the EWBIEM is modified by using the eigenfunction of a fictitious regular boundary as weighting function, whose eigenvalue may be the known value, and meanwhile using the domain-bases. To confirm the validity of the novel method, numerical analysis are presented for circular groove guide as an example.
Key wordsBoundary integral equation method (BIEM) eigenvalue problem metallic waveguide cutoff wavenumber circular groove guide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Kishi and T. Okoshi, “Proposal for a boundary-integral method without using Green's function”, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-35, No.10, pp.887–892, Oct. 1987.Google Scholar
- W.-X. Zhang, Engineering Electromagnetism: Functional Method, Ellis Horwood Ltd. UK, 1991.Google Scholar
- L. Zhu and W.-X. Zhang, “The eigen-weighted BIEM for solving arbitrary cross-section waveguides”, 1988 IEEE AP-S International Symposium, pp.589–592.Google Scholar
- H.-S. Yang, J.-L. Ma, and Z.-Z. Lu, “The characteristic equation and solution of circular-groove guide”, Int. J. of Inf. and MmW, Vol. 12, No.5, pp.535–541, May 1991.Google Scholar
- Z.-R. Xu, H.-S. Yang, and Z.-Z. Lu, “Analysis of double circular-groove guide with the method of weighted residuals”, Vol. 16, No.3, Mar. 1995.Google Scholar