Transverse field dependence of muonium relaxation: Spin exchange and chemical reaction
- 28 Downloads
It has been shown experimentally that the muonium relaxation due to spin exchange is 1.5 times faster in intermediate transverse fields (say, atB=50 G, where the so-called two-frequency muonium signal is observed) than in low fields (say, atB=5 G), in agreement with an earlier theoretical prediction. It has also been confirmed experimentally that this distinct field dependence is totally absent in the case of chemical reaction.
KeywordsThin Film Theoretical Prediction Field Dependence Transverse Field Distinct Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Senba, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys.23 (1990) 4051.Google Scholar
- M. Senba, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys.24 (1991) 3531.Google Scholar
- M. Senba, Hyperfine Interactions65 (1990) 779.Google Scholar
- M. Senba, (to be published).Google Scholar
- R.E. Turner, R.F. Snider and D.G. Fleming, Phys. Rev.A41 (1990) 1505.Google Scholar
- I.I. Gurevich, I.G. Ivanter, E.A. Meleshko, B.A. Nikol'skii, V.S. Roganov, V.I. Selivanov, V.P. Smilga, B.V. Sokolov and V.D. Shestakov, Soviet Physics JETP33 (1971) 253.Google Scholar
- M. Senba, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. (in press).Google Scholar
- J.J. Pan, M. Senba, D.J. Arseneau, J.R. Kempton, D.G. Fleming, S. Baer, A.C. Gonzalez and R. Snooks, Phys. Rev. A (in press).Google Scholar
- J.R. Kempton, M. Senba, D.J. Arseneau, A.C. Gonzalez, J.J. Pan, A. Tempelmann, D.M. Garner and D.G. Fleming, Hyperfine Interactions65 (1990) 801.Google Scholar