Catalytic hydrogen transfer over MgO, VII. Dehydrogenation of pinocarveol and pinocampheol
- 48 Downloads
The dehydrogenation of pinocarveol to pinocarvone and pinocampheol to pinocamphone over MgO by hydrogen transfer to aldehydes and ketones as acceptors has been studied. The yields of pinocarvone formed from the unsaturated alcohol did not exceed 10 mol%, while pinocampheol was dehydrogenated to the desired ketone with yields in the range of 40 mol%.
KeywordsHydrogen Alcohol Physical Chemistry Catalysis Aldehyde
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mitsubishi Chemical Industries Co. Ltd., Jpn Kokai Tokkyo Koho 81 30.905, Chem. Abs.,95, 37124f (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.S. Arctander:Perfume and Flavor Chemicals, Vol. 2, 2624–2622, Author Monteclair, New York 1969.Google Scholar
- 3.N. C. Shah:Indian Perfum.,35, 49 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Gildemeister, F. Hoffmann: (ed. W. Treibs).Die Ätherischen Öle, Vol. III c, p. 285. Akademie Verlag, Berlin 1960.Google Scholar
- 5.P. C. Traas: inFragrance Chemistry (ed. E. T. Theimer), p. 179. Academic Press, New York 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Kijeński J., M. Gliński, M. Czarnecki, R. Derlacka, V. Jarzyna:Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal.,78, 631 (1993).Google Scholar