Mirror synthesis for gyrotron quasi-optical mode converters
- 181 Downloads
A new approach for the design of a quasi-optical gyrotron mode converter is proposed. It is based on the synthesis of quasi-optical mirrors using diffraction (Helmholtz-Kirchhoff) integrals. First application of such a method we already described in [1, 2]. Now a more powerful technic is used to provide optimal distributions of the wave beam field. It is shown that by means of specially shaped mirrors parameters of the main converter are enhanced strongly. In this paper we review the search for the optimal scheme of the converter, present and compare results of calculations and measurements of the gyrotron wave beam.
KeywordsOptimal Scheme Powerful Technic Optimal Distribution Wave Beam Mode Converter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V.I. Belousov, G.G. Denisov, V.I. Malygin, D.V. Vinogradov, V.E. Zapevalov andS.A Malygin Increase of Gyrotron Window Carrying Capacity Based on Optimization of Output Wavebeam Structure. 18th Int. Conf. on Infrared and Millimeter Waves. — Colchester, UK, Sep. 6–10,1993, SPIE vol.2104, p.183–184Google Scholar
- Development of Gyrotron for ECRH: State of the Art, ITER Technical Meeting Plasma Heating and Current Drive.Russian Home Team, presented by G.G. Denisov — Cadarache, France, Oct. 3–6,1994.Google Scholar
- V.A. Flyagin, A.L. Goldenberg, V.E. Zapevalov State of the Art of Gyrotron Investigation in Russia. 18th Int. Conf. on Infrared and Millimeter Waves.-Colchester, UK, Sep. 6–10,1993, SPIE vol.2104, p.581 -584Google Scholar
- M. Thumm Progress in Development of High Power Gyrotrons. 18th Int. Conf. on Infrared and Millimeter Waves.— Colchester, UK, Sep. 6–10,1993, SPIE vol.2104, p.6–7.Google Scholar
- S.N. Vlasov, I.M. Orlova Quasi-Optical Transformer Which Transforms the Waves in a Waveguide Having a Circular Cross-Section into a Highly-Directional Wave Beam. — Radio Physics and Quantum Electronics, vol.17,1974, p.115–119.Google Scholar
- S. Solimeno, B. Crosignani, P. DiPorto Guiding, Diffraction and Confinement of Optical Radiation. — Academic Press, London,1986.Google Scholar
- B.Z.Katzenelenbaum, V.V.Semenov -(in Russian)-Radiotehnika I Elektronika, p.244–252,1967.Google Scholar
- V.A.Borovikov, B.E. Kinber, -(in Russian)- Radiotehnika I Elektronika, p. 997–1006,1976.Google Scholar