Formation and characterization of oxidic and metallic Fe/Ni multilayers prepared from Langmuir-Blodgett films
- 49 Downloads
Oxidic and metallic iron, nickel, and mixed iron/nickel mono- and multilayers were prepared by some treatments of iron- and nickel-containing Langmuir-Blodgett films. The layers were characterized by several surface-sensitive methods. Interactions between the iron and the nickel could be observed. The results are different to those obtained from disordered bulk alloys and from simple diffusion calculations.
KeywordsIron Nickel Thin Film Metallic Iron Bulk Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Langmuir, Trans. Faraday Soc. 15(1920)62.Google Scholar
- K.B. Blodgett, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 57(1935)1007.Google Scholar
- L.A. Laxhuber, B. Rothenhäuser, G. Schneider and H. Möhwald, Appl. Phys. A39(1986)173.Google Scholar
- M. Prakash, J.B. Peng, J.B. Ketterson and P. Dutta, Thin Solid Films 146(1987)L15.Google Scholar
- W. Meisel, P. Tippmann-Krayer, H. Möhwald and P. Gütlich, Fresenius J. Anal. Chem. 341(1991)289.Google Scholar
- D. Hanzel, P. Griesbach, W. Meisel and P. Gütlich, Hyp. Int. 71(1992)1441.Google Scholar
- P. Tippmann-Krayer, W. Meisel, U. Höhne and H. Möhwald, Makromol. Chem. Macromol. Symp. 46(1991)241.Google Scholar
- W. Meisel, T. Faldum, D. Sprenger and P. Gütlich, Fresenius J. Anal. Chem. (1993), in press.Google Scholar
- C.E. Johnson, M.S. Ridout and T.E. Cranshaw, Proc. Phys. Soc. 81(1963)1079.Google Scholar
- J.B. Müller and J. Hesse, Z. Phys. B54(1983)43.Google Scholar