Structural and magnetic properties of rapidly solidified (Ce0.2Fe0.8)1-xAl x ribbons determined by X-ray diffraction and Mössbauer spectrometry
- 16 Downloads
(Ce0.2Fe0.8)1-xAl x (0 ≤x≤ 0.9) ribbons have been prepared by planar flow casting under an He atmosphere with a linear velocity of 29 m s-1. Analyses of the ribbons by X-ray diffraction and57Fe Mössbauer spectrometry in the temperature range 4–300 K show that all the ribbons are crystalline. With increasingx, the observed phases are Ce(Fe, Al)2, Ce2(Fe, Al)17, CeFe4+y,Al8-y and the single fcc aluminium phase. For the different phases, the line intensities of the Mössbauer spectra agree with previous results on the preferential substitution sites for aluminium. A coherent hyperfine parameters set was deduced from fitting spectra in the temperature range 4–300 K.
KeywordsAluminium Atmosphere Thin Film Magnetic Property Line Intensity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Roulin, J. Teiltet, A. Fnidiki, B. Labulle and P. Ochin, Hyp. Int. 88(1994)65.Google Scholar
- B. Grieb,Ternary Alloys, Vol. 4, eds. G. Petzow and G. Effenberg (VCH, 1991) p. 59.Google Scholar
- F. Varret and J. Teillet,Mosfit program, unpublished.Google Scholar
- O.S. Zarechnyuk, M.G. Mys'kiv and V.R. Ryabov, X-ray diffraction study of the phase alloys containing up to 33.3 at.% Ce, translated from Izv. Akad. Nauk SSR Metell. 2(1969)164.Google Scholar
- I. Felner and I. Nowik, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 74(1988)31.Google Scholar
- W.B. Yelon, H. Xie, G.J. Long, O.A. Pringle, F. Grandjean and K.H.J. Buschow, J. Appl. Phys. 73(1993)6029.Google Scholar