Mössbauer spectroscopic characterization of iron methyl pyropheophorbide a and its derivatives
- 28 Downloads
Two kinds of iron chlorophylls, i.e. (methyl pyropheophorbide a)iron(III) chloride and its bis-pyridine adduct, were prepared and characterized by57Fe Mössbauer spectroscopy. (Methyl pyropheophorbide a)iron(III) chloride gave an asymmetric quadrupole-split doublet typical of high-spin iron(III) chlorophylls, while its bis-pyridine adduct showed a symmetric quadrupole-split doublet characteristic of low-spin iron(II) chlorophylls. The isomer shift and quadrupole splitting obtained for (methyl pyropheophorbide a)iron(III) chloride and its bis-pyridine adduct have led to the following conclusions. The substitution of the bulky phytyl group for the methyl group hardly affects the electronic state of the iron(II,III) ion, but the elimination of the methoxycarbonyl group increases the planarity of the macrocyclic chlorin ligand.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.K. Pandy, D.A. Bellnier, K.M. Smith and T.J. Doughrty, Photochem. Photobiol. 53(1991)65.Google Scholar
- H. Hori, K. Kadono, H. Inoue, T. Shirai and E. Fluck, J. Radioanal. Chem. Lett. 136(1989)159.Google Scholar
- K. Kadono, H. Hori, K. Fukuda, H. Inoue, T. Shirai and E. Fluck, Inorg. Chim. Acta 201(1992)213.Google Scholar
- K.A. Keating, J.S. de Ropp, G.N. La Mar, A.L. Balch, F.Y. Shiau and K.M. Smith, Inorg. Chem. 30(1991)3258.Google Scholar
- M.O. Sege and K.M. Smith, Photochem. Photobiol. 54(1991)841.Google Scholar
- K. Furuya, H. Inoue and T. Shirai, Anal. Sci. 3(1987)353.Google Scholar
- M. Blume, Phys. Rev. Lett. 18(1967)305.Google Scholar
- H. Hori, K. Kadono, H. Inoue, T. Shirai and E. Fluck, Hyp. Int. 58(1990)2349.Google Scholar
- H. Inoue, Y. Matsubayashi and T. Shirai, Hyp. Int. 29(1986)1403.Google Scholar
- H. Hori, K. Kadono, K. Fukuda, H. Inoue, T. Shirai and E. Fluck, Radiochim. Acta 51(1990)11.Google Scholar
- H. Hori, K. Kadono, K. Fukuda, H. Inoue, T. Shirai and E. Fluck, Radiochim. Acta 49(1990)77.Google Scholar