Mössbauer effect study of the effect of gamma irradiation and heat treatment on montmorillonite
- 28 Downloads
Mössbauer spectroscopy was used to study the effect of gamma irradiation and heat treatment on montmorillonite. Samples were irradiated to gamma-ray doses ranging from 10 Gy up to 30 MGy. Other samples were heated to different temperatures from 400 ‡C up to 1350 ‡C. The lattice distortion caused by gamma irradiation could be followed. The phase transformations which occurred through and above the dehydroxilation temperature range could be traced and identified. The Mössbauer results were confirmed by X-ray diffraction results.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Thin Film Heat Treatment Phase Transformation Montmorillonite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N.A. Eissa, H.A. Sallam and L. Keszthelyi, Acta Phys. Hung. 34(4)(1973)337.Google Scholar
- N.A. Eissa, H.A. Sallam and S.M. Negm, J. de Phys. 37-C6(1976)873.Google Scholar
- N.A. Eissa, H.A. Sallam and N. Salah, Acta Phys. Hung. 69(19(1991)25.Google Scholar
- H.A. Sallam, W.M. El Meliegy, N.S. Gomaa and N.A. Eissa, Arab J. Nucl. Sci. Appl. 27(2)(1994), to appear.Google Scholar
- N.A. Eissa, H.A. Sallam and M.H. Morcy, J. de Phys. 40-C2(1979)462.Google Scholar
- L. Heller-Kallai and I. Rozenson, Clays and Clay Miner. 28(1980)335.Google Scholar
- I. Rozenson and L. Heller-Kallai, Clays and Clay Miner. 28(1980)391.Google Scholar
- C.M. Cardile, I.W.M. Brown and K.J.D. MacKenzie, J. Mater. Sci. Lett. 6(1978)357.Google Scholar
- J.M.D. Coey, in:Mössbauer Spectroscopy Applied to Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 1, ed. G.J. Long (Plenum Press, New York, 1984) p. 443.Google Scholar
- N.A. Eissa, H.A. Sallam, W.M. El Meliegy and A.M. Hassan Rezk, Hyp. Int. 55(1990)939.Google Scholar