The influence of Cu and Nb on the crystallization products of annealed FeCuNbSiB
- 24 Downloads
Depending on different Nb and Cu concentration, we studied the formation of nano- and microcrystalline phases in differently annealed samples of FeCuNbSiB. First, the kinetics of crystallization was explored by measuring the temperature-dependent electrical resistivity and magnetization. After this, we collected Mössbauer spectra and did an X-ray diffraction analysis of annealed samples at chosen temperatures to discover the different crystalline phases. It was found how the onset of crystallization had been shifted towards other temperatures. The analysis of Mössbauer spectra shows that building up the well-known DO3 structure of Fe3Si is disturbed in the alloy without Cu. At higher Nb content, we resolve two different crystallization steps in the formation of Fe3Si and a new crystalline phase, probably being a structure like Fe23B6.
KeywordsCrystallization Thin Film Electrical Resistivity Crystalline Phase Diffraction Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Yoshizawa, S. Oguma and K. Yamauchi, J. Appl. Phys. 64(1988)6044.Google Scholar
- G. Herzer,Int. Magnetics Conf., Brighton, 1990, pp. 17–20.Google Scholar
- G. Hampel, A. Pundt and J. Hesse, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 4(1992)3195.Google Scholar
- A. Pundt, G. Hampel and J. Hesse, Z. Phys. B: Condens. Matter 87(1992)65.Google Scholar
- M. Kopcewicz, J. Jagielski, T. Graf, M. Fricke and J. Hesse, these Proceedings, Hyp. Int.Google Scholar