Magnetic interaction in Tm3Fe5O12 studied by means of169Tm and57Fe Mössbauer spectroscopy
- 91 Downloads
The temperature dependence of the hyperfine parameters of thulium iron garnet (Tm3Fe5O12) powder was studied from 90 to 550 K using169Tm and57Fe Mössbauer spectroscopy (MB). The spectra were analyzed by least mean square fits to the transmission function. The temperature dependence of the magnetic fields of the thulium nuclei is well described by the mean field model. The coupling constants between the magnetic lattice occupied by the thulium atoms and the magnetic lattices occupied by the iron atoms were derived.
KeywordsIron Spectroscopy Magnetic Field Thin Film Field Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Sturhahn, E. Gerdau, R. Hollatz, R. Rüffer, H.D. Rüter and W. Tolksdorf, Europhys. Lett. 14(1991)821.Google Scholar
- R.L. Cohen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 5(1963)177.Google Scholar
- W. Sturhahn, E. Gerdau, S. Börger and W. Guse, Hyp. Int. 58(1990)2483.Google Scholar
- G. Winkler,Magnetic Garnets (Vieweg, Braunschweig-Wiesbaden, 1981).Google Scholar
- TheWotan program package is available from R. Hollatz, Klövensteenweg 54, 22559 Hamburg, Germany.Google Scholar
- E. Matthias, W. Schneider and R.M. Steffen, Ark. Fys. 24(1963)97.Google Scholar
- S. Margulies and J.R. Ehrman, Nucl. Instr. Meth. 12(1961)131.Google Scholar
- S. Krupička,Physik der Ferrite (Vieweg, Braunschweig, 1973).Google Scholar
- R. Pauthenet, Ann. Phys. 3(1957)424.Google Scholar