Crystal structures and Mössbauer spectra of spin-crossover iron(III) complexes of quinquedentate ligands
- 100 Downloads
Magnetic properties, Mössbauer spectra and crystal structures of spin-crossover iron(III) complexes with a quinquedentate ligand [FeLX]BPh4 are reported. X and L denote a unidentate ligand and a quinquedentate ligand, respectively. [Fe(mbpN)(im)]BPh4 shows spin-crossover behavior in an appropriate organic solvent, and [Fe(mbpN)(lut)]BPh4, [Fe(bpN)(py)]BPh4 and [Fe(salten)X]BPh4 (X=4me-py or 2me-im) show spin-crossover behavior in a solid and in an organic solvent. It was found that the ligand field strength of salten was stronger than that of mbpN. The rates of spin-state interexchange in the complexes are as fast as the inverse of the lifetime (1×10−7 s) of the Mössbauer nuclear level. The Mössbauer spectroscopic behavior of [Fe(mbpN)(lut)]BPh4 and [Fe(bpN)(py)]BPh4 is different to that of [Fe(salten)X]BPh4 (X=4me-py or 2me-im). The difference was ascribed to the different geometrical positions of the corresponding anions.
KeywordsIron Thin Film Crystal Structure Magnetic Property Field Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Maeda, N. Tsutsumi and Y. Takashima, Inorg. Chem. 23(1984)2440;Google Scholar
- [1a]Y. Maeda and Y. Takashima, Comments Inorg. Chem. 7(1988)41.Google Scholar
- M.D. Timken, C.E. Strouse, S.M. Soltis, S.A. Daverio, D.N. Hendrickson, A.M. Adel-Mawgoud and S.R. Wilson, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 108(1986)395.Google Scholar
- E. König, G. Ritter, J. Dengler and L.F. Larkworthy, Inorg. Chem. 31(1992)1196.Google Scholar
- N. Matsumoto, S. Ohta, C. Yoshimura, A. Ohyoshi, S. Kohata, H. Okawa and Y. Maeda, J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans. (1985)2575.Google Scholar
- T.L. Bohan, J. Magn. Reson. 26(1977)109.Google Scholar
- Y. Maeda, Y. Noda, H. Oshio and Y. Takashima, Hyp. Int. 80(1993)1099.Google Scholar
- Y. Maeda, Y. Takashima, N. Matsumoto and A. Ohyoshi, J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans. (1986)1115.Google Scholar
- M. Blume, Phys. Rev. Lett. 14(1965)96.Google Scholar
- Y. Maeda, Y. Noda, H. Oshio and Y. Takashima, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 65(1992)1825.Google Scholar