Determination of fluoride by radiometric assay of181Hf back-extracted from HTTA in benzene
- 36 Downloads
Determination of fluoride at trace level is important for the specification analysis of nuclear fuel samples. This is generally accomplished by pyrohydrolytic separation followed by ion selective electrode potentiometry. In the present work, a method has been developed for the determination of fluoride by radiometric assay of181Hf back-extracted from thenoyltrifluoracetone (HTTA) in benzene.181Hf back-extracted is proportional to the concentration of fluoride.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Benzene Inorganic Chemistry Fluoride Nuclear Fuel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Report prepared by commission on Microchemical Techniques and Trace Analysis, IUPAC, Pure and Appl. Chem., 59 (1987) 695.Google Scholar
- 2.Report prepared by the Analytical Working Group of the Comité Technique Européen du Fluor, Anal. Chim. Acta., 182 (1986) 1.Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. MAHAJAN, M. V. R. PRASAD, R. M. SAWANT, R. K. RASTOGI, N. K. CHAUDHURI, G. H. RIZVI, BARC/I-920, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.R. BELCHER, T. S. WEST, Talanta, 8 (1961) 863.Google Scholar
- 6.Report prepared by fluorine sub-committee of the Analytical Methods Committee of the S. A. C., Analyst., 96 (1971) 384.Google Scholar
- 7.W. DAMS, E. BAUER, S. BAUMANN, R. KRAUSE, J. Nucl. Mat., 153 (1988) 108.Google Scholar
- 8.W. J. MAECK, G. L. BOOMAN, M. C. ELLIOTT, J. E. REIN, Anal. Chem., 32 (1960) 922.Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. POSKANZER, B. M. FOREMAN, Jr., J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 16 (1961) 323.Google Scholar
- 10.J. C. WHITE, W. J. ROSS, NAS-NS-3102, 1961.Google Scholar