Spherules in the serology of Coccidioides immitis. II. Complement fixation tests with human sera
- 11 Downloads
Soluble and particulate spherule antigens fixed complement in tests with anti—C. immitis sera. However, the soluble antigen proved more active than the particulate one. Cross reactions were noted between the spherule antigens and anti—H. capsulatum and anti—B. dermatitidis sera. Following enzymatic treatment of the particulate preparation a soluble antigen was obtained which formed two bands with anti—C. immitis serum and one band with anti-H. capsulatum serum in an agar gel double diffusion test.
KeywordsAgar Particulate Spherule Cross Reaction Fixation Test Enzymatic Treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Breslau, A. M. (1957) Histochemical studies onCoccidioides immitis. Proc. of Symposium on coccidioidomycosis, U.S. Public Health Service Publication, No 575:189.Google Scholar
- Campbell, C. C. (1967) Serology in the respiratory mycoses.Sabouraudia 5:240.Google Scholar
- Conant, N. F., Smith, D. T., Baker, R. D. &Callaway, J. L. (1971) Manual of Clinical Mycology, 3rd edition. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, London, Toronto.Google Scholar
- Heidelberger, M., MacLeod, C. M., Markowitz, H. &Roe, A. S. (1950) Improved methods for the preparation of the specific polysaccharides of pneumococcus.J. Exp. Med. 91:341.Google Scholar
- Landay, M. E., Wheat, R. W., Conant, N. F. &Lowe, E. P. (1967) A serological comparison of the three morphological phases ofCoccidioides immitis; complement fixation tests with anti-Histoplasma capsulatum serum.Mycopath. Mycol. Appl. 33:225.Google Scholar
- Landay, M. E., Wheat, R. W., Conant, N. F., Lowe, E. P. &Converse, J. L. (1967) Studies on the comparative serology of the spherule and arthrospore growth forms ofCoccidioides immitis. Proc. Coccidioidomycosis Symp. 2nd. The University of Arizona Press, Tuscon.Google Scholar
- Levine, H. B., Cobb, J. M. &Scalarone, G. M. (1969) Spherule coccidioidin in delayed dermal sensitivity reactions of experimental animalsSabouraudia 7:20.Google Scholar
- O'Hearn, E. M. &Henry, B. S. (1957) An electron microscope study ofCoccidioides immitis. Proc. of Symposium on coccidioidomycosis. Public Health Service Publication No. 575:191.Google Scholar