Spin reorientation in Er2Fe17−xMnx - Mössbauer effect study
- 20 Downloads
The polycrystalline samples of Er2Fe17−xMnx compounds have been studied by57Fe Mossbauer spectroscopy in the temperature range between 4.2K and 200K. A reorientation of the easy axis of magnetization has been evidenced for compound with x=4 in the measurements on magnetically oriented powdered sample. Spin reorientation from the c-axis to the basal plane is observed when temperature is increased above 105K.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Thin Film Powdered Sample Mossbauer Spectroscopy Basal Plane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.J. J. M. Franse, N. M. Hong and N. P. Thuy, submitted to Phys. Stat. Sol. (a).Google Scholar
- /2/.W. Steiner and R. Haferl, Phys. Stat. Sol. (a) 42 (1977) 739.Google Scholar
- /3/.F. van der Woude, G. A. Sawatzky, Phys. Rep. 12C (1974) 335.Google Scholar
- /4/.J. J. M. Franse, N. M. Hong and N. P. Thuy, to be published in Phys. Stat. Sol. (a), 1987.Google Scholar
- /5/.K. H. J. Buschow, Rep. Progr. Phys. 40 (1977) 1170.Google Scholar
- /6/.P. C. M. Gubbens and K. H. J. Buschow, J. Phys. F: Met. Phys. 12 (1982) 2715.Google Scholar