Radiochemical determination of210Po and210Pb in water
- 51 Downloads
A method for210Po and210Pb determination in water samples is described. The nuclides are concentrated, in presence of added208Po and lead carrier, by evaporation. Then the polonium is plated electroless from the acidic solution on a copper planchet and measured by alpha spectrometry.210Pb separation from the other isotopes is based on the solutility of PbSO4 in citrate.210Pb content is determined by measuring the activity of its daughter210Bi. The critical steps in the isolation of lead have been examined and discussed.
KeywordsCopper Physical Chemistry Evaporation Inorganic Chemistry Citrate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. L. SMITHSON, J. L. DALTON, G. L. MASON, Cannet Report 78, ISBN 0-660-10081-9 Ottawa, Canada K 1 A OG 1, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.M. P. BACON, D. W. SPENCER, P. G. BREWER, Earth Planet. Sci. Letters, 32 (1976) 277.Google Scholar
- 3.K. K. TUREKIAN, Y. NOZAKI, L. K. BENNINGER, An. Rev. Earth Planet. Sci., 5 (1977) 277.Google Scholar
- 4.Gmelins Handbuch der Anorg. Chem., Vol. 12 Polonium, Verlag Chemie, GmbH, Weinheim und Berlin, 1941, p. 22.Google Scholar
- 5.S. D. SCHERY, Anal. Chem., 52 (1980) 1957.Google Scholar
- 6.H. L. VOLCHOK, G. DE PLAQUE, EML Procedures Manual, US Dept. of Energy, 376 Hudson Street, N. Y. 10014, 1983.Google Scholar
- 7.P. KRUGER, J. SCHUBERT, J. Chem. Educat., April (1953) 196.Google Scholar