Monitoring the stress in a rock column on the basis of memory effects around a borehole
- 28 Downloads
Computer simulation shows that monitoring of the stress state of columns on the basis of emissional memory effects in the near-borehole rock requires a priori geological information on the orientation, dimensions, and density of the initial microcracks. Conditions for the interpretation of monitoring data are favorable in the presence of a system of initial microcracks oriented at an angle ϕ to the axis of the column, where 15°≤ϕ≤40° or 50°≤ϕ≤75°. The hydrosensor pressure Pgr obtained as a result of monitoring is directly proportional to the axial (vertical) stress in the column. The possibility of using this method in the case of random microcracking and in conditions when the crack system is oriented at ϕ = 0–15°, 40–50°, or 75–90° requires further — primarily experimental — investigation.
KeywordsStress State Computer Simulation Mineral Resource Monitoring Data Memory Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Yamshchikov, V. L. Shkuratnik, K. G. Lykov, and V. M. Farafanov, "Estimating the stress state of rock on the basis of emissional memory effects near a borehole," Fiz-Tekh. Probl. Razrab. Polezn. Iskop., No. 2 (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Yamshchikov, V. L. Shkuratnik, and A. V. Lavrov, "Memory effects in rock. A review," Fiz-Tekh. Probl. Razrab. Polezn. Iskop., No. 5 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Borshch-Komponiets and A. B. Makarov, Mine Pressure in Working Thick, Shallow Ore Deposits [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Muskhelishvili, Some Basic Problems of Mathematical Elasticity Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.V. L. Shkuratnik and A. V. Lavrov, "Theoretical model of memory effects in rock," Fiz-Tekh. Probl. Razrab. Polezn. Iskop., No. 1 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.B. K. Atkinson and Ph. G. Meredith, "Experimental fracture mechanics data for rocks and minerals," in: B. K. Atkinson (ed.), Fracture Mechanics of Rock, Academic, London (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Timoshenko and J. Goodyear, Elasticity Theory [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.G. S. Pisarenko (ed.), Resistance of Materials. University Textbook [in Russian], Vishcha Shkola, Kiev (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.H.-P. Rossmanith, "Felsbruchmechanik — gestern, heute, morgen," Felsbau,8, No. 2, 1990.Google Scholar