Determination of lead in copper by proton activation analysis
- 28 Downloads
A novel method for the determination of lead in copper by proton, activation analysis has been developed. The bismuth activity formed was, separated from the matrix activity by anion exchange chromatography. Special attention was paid to possible systematic errors. The method was applied to BCR reference materials and yields a precision, of 2–3% at the μg/g concentration level.
KeywordsCopper Chromatography Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Bismuth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. M. TUDDENHAM, P. A. DOUGALL, Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, Vol. 6, 3rd ed., Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1984.Google Scholar
- 2.G. WAUTERS, C. VANDECASTEELE, J. HOSTE, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 110 (1987) 477.Google Scholar
- 3.C. VANDECASTEELE, K. STRIJCKMANS, J. Radioanal. Chem., 57 (1980) 121.Google Scholar
- 4.H. H. ANDERSEN, J. F. ZIEGLER, The Stopping and Ranges of Ions in Matter, Vol. 3, Pergamon Press, New York, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.L. A. CURRIE, Anal. Chem., 40 (1968) 586.Google Scholar
- 6.C. VANDECASTEELE, G. WINDELS, B. DESMET, A. De RUCK, R. DAMS, Analyst, 113 (1988) 1691.Google Scholar