A giant right atrial myxoma: Case report
- 13 Downloads
Right atrial myxomas have rarely been reported. The authors describe a giant hourglass-shaped atrial myxoma consisting of three lobes; one of them had protruded into the right ventricle. Its size was 18×7×5 cm and weight was 170 g. The authors were not able to find another myxoma as big as this one in the literature, so they are reporting it. They review and discuss the literature involving the subject.
KeywordsPublic Health Atrial Myxoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Keren A, Chenzbruna A, Schuger L, et al. (1989) The etiology of tumor plop in a patient with huge right atrial myxoma. Chest 5:1147–1148.Google Scholar
- 3.Anderson RH, Macarthey FJ, Shinebourne EA, et al. (1987) Pediatric cardiology. In: Cardiac Tumors. Churchill Living-stone: London, p 1153.Google Scholar
- 6.Powers JC, Folkoff M, Heinle RA, et al. (1978) Familial atrial myxoma. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 77:782.Google Scholar
- 14.Currey HLF, Mathews JA, Robinson J (1987) Right atrial myxoma mimicking a rheumatic disorder. Br Med J 1:547–549.Google Scholar
- 15.Katircioglu SF, Küçükaksu DS, Mavitas B, et al. (1991) Early and long term results of left atrial myxoma. Acta Cardiol Mediterranea 7:5.Google Scholar