Determination of environmental actinide nuclides and210Pb(210Po) by low-energy photon spectrometry with alpha-spectrometry
- 43 Downloads
Low-energy photon spectrometry with α-spectrometry was used to determine the environmental concentrations of low-level actinides and other nuclides, especially210Pb and210Po. The isotopic ratio of240Pu/239Pu was successfully determined by measuring Lx-ray/α-ray counting ratio. A reliable method has been developed for the determination of extremely low-level237Np global fallout in environmental samples. The non-destructive determination by Ge-LEPS for natural210Pb in various samples (tobacco leaves, commercially available tobacco, etc.) was also carried out with the determination of210Po by α-spectrometry using209Po as a yield tracer.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Isotopic Ratio Reliable Method Environmental Sample
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. SAKANOUE, Y. MARUO, K. KOMURA, Methods of Low-Level Counting and Spectrometry, IAEA-STI/PUS/592, 1981, p. 105.Google Scholar
- 2.S. HISAMATSU, M. SAKANOUE, Nucl. Instr. Methods, 226 (1984) 482.Google Scholar
- 3.K. KOMURA, M. SAKANOUE, M. YAMAMOTO, Health Phys., 46 (1984) 1213.Google Scholar
- 4.V. E. NOSHKIN, Transuranic: Elements in the Environment, USDOE Technical Information Center, Oak Ridge, Tenn. 1980, p. 578.Google Scholar
- 5.D. W. EFFORD, G. W. KNOBELOCH, R. E. PERRIN, D. W. BARR, Health Phys., 47 (1984) 786.Google Scholar
- 6.R. J. PENTREATH, B. R. HARVEY, Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser., 6 (1981) 243.Google Scholar