Resonance neutrons for determination of elemental content of moss, lichen and pine needles in atmospheric deposition monitoring
- 28 Downloads
Experience in the use of epithermal neutron activation analysis (ENAA) in the monitoring of atmospheric deposition by means of moss, lichens and pine needles is summarized. It is shown that 45 elements (Mg, K, Ca, Al, Cl, Sc, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni (using (n,p)-reaction), Zn, Cu, As, Se, Br, Rb, Sr, Zr, Mo, Ag, Sn, Sb, I, Cs, Ba, La, Ce, Nd, Sm, Eu, Gd, Tb, Tm, Yb, Lu, Hf, Ta, W, Au, Th and U, as well as Ir and Re in pine needles in the presence of anthropogenic pollution by the nickel mining plant) are reliably determined. Examples of the use of lichens, moss and pine needles as biomonitors of atmospheric deposition in Franz Josef Land the Kola peninsula and in the Tver region are given.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Nickel Inorganic Chemistry Activation Analysis Neutron Activation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. SCHAUG, J. P. RAMBAEK, E. STEINNES and R. C. HENRY. Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 24A, No 10, p.p. 2625–2631, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.E. STEINNES, In: Activation Analysis in Environment Protection. D14-93-325, Dubna, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.E. STEINNES, J. RAMBAEK, J. E. HANSSEN, Chemosphere, 25, p. 735–752, 1992.Google Scholar
- 4.E. STEINNES, O. JOHANSEN, O. ROYSET and M. DEGARD. Enviroumental Monitiring and Assessment, 25, p87–97, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.T. A. VOSTOKOVA, Ye. A. ILYNA, V. M. NAZAROV. In: Activation Analysis in Environment Protection. D14-93-325, Dubna, 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. NAZAROV et al. J. of Radioanalyt. and Nucl. Chem., Vol. 167, No 1 (1993), p. 11–21.Google Scholar
- 7.M. V. FRONTASYEVA, V. M. NAZAROV, E. STEINNES, Heavy Metals in the Environment, Toronto, September 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.T. M. OSTROVNAYA, L. S. NEFEDYEVA, V. M. NAZAROV, S. B. BORZAKOV, L. P. STRELKOVA. Activation Analysis in Environment Protection. D4-93-325, Dubna, 1993.Google Scholar