ROMOS: A new computer code for nuclide identification and concentration calculation in NAA using the k0-concept
- 34 Downloads
The program ROMOS and the assisting program RECAL are presented. These programs were designed to facilitate nuclide identification and concentration calculation in NAA using the k0-concept. For nuclide identification classical tests (energy match, decay factor) are complemented with a test of the saturation factor including the sensitivity of neutron acctivation analysis for the candidate nuclide. For nuclides emitting more than one gamma-energy the intensity of the observed peaks in the spectrum are compared. Thereby full account is taken of relative detection efficiency and true coincidence effects. Practical experience in using the interactive code shows that it is a convenient and time-saving working aid for an experienced experimenter.
KeywordsComputer Code Practical Experience Detection Efficiency Full Account Classical Test
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. SIMONITS, F. DE CORTE, J. HOSTE, J. Radioanal. Chem., 24 (1975) 31.Google Scholar
- 2.L. MOENS, F. DE CORTE, A. DE WISPELAERE, J. HOSTE, A. SIMONITS, A. ELEK, E. SZABÓ, J. Radioanal. Chem., 82 (1984) 385.Google Scholar
- 3.F. DE CORTE, A. SIMONITS, A. DE WISPELAERE, A. ELEK, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 133 (1989) 3.Google Scholar
- 4.LIN XILEI, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Ghent, 1981.Google Scholar
- 5.A. DE WISPELAERE, unpublished work.Google Scholar
- 6.R. GUNNINK, J. NIDAY, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory Report, UCRL-51061, University of California, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.P. D. CROUT, Trans. Amer. Inst. Electrical Engineers, 60 (1941) 1235.Google Scholar
- 8.L. MOENS, P. ROOS, J. DE RUDDER, P. DE PAEPE, J. VAN HENDE, R. MARECHAL, M. WAELKENS, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 123 (1988) 333.Google Scholar
- 9.L. MOENS, P. ROOS, J. DE RUDDER, P. DE PAEPE, J. VAN HENDE, M. WAELKENS, Bul. Soc. Chim. Belg., 95 (1986) 399.Google Scholar
- 10.L. MOENS, P. ROOS, J. DE RUDDER, P. DE PAEPE, J. VAN HENDE, M. WAELKENS, J. Trace Microprobe Techn., 5 (1987) 101.Google Scholar