Synergism of crown ethers in the thenoyl trifluoroacetone extraction of americium(III) in benzene medium
- 32 Downloads
The synergism of the crown ethers (CE) dicyclohexano-18-crown-6 (DC18C6), dibenzo-18-crown-6 (DB18C6) and 18-crown-6 (18C6) has been investigated in the thenoyl trifluoroacetone (HTTA) extraction of americium(III) in benzene medium from an aqueous phase of ionic strength 0.5 and pH 3.50 at room temperature (23°C). The extracted synergistic species have the general formula Am(TTA)3 · CE except for DC18C6 in which case the species Am(TTA)3·2CE was also observed at high CE concentrations. The order of synergism was found to be DC18C6>DB18C6>18C6, which is the order of the basicity of CE as indicated by their ability to extract hydrogen ions from nitric acid solutions.
KeywordsBenzene Ionic Strength Nitric Acid Acid Solution Aqueous Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.V. V. YAKSHIN, E. A. FILIPPOV, V. A. BELOV, G. G. ARKHIPOVA, V. M. ABASHKIN, B. N. LASKORIN, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, SSSR, 241 (1978) 159.Google Scholar
- 5.H. F. ALY S. M. KHALIFA, J. D. NAVARATIL, M. T. SABA, Solvent Extr. Ion. Ex., 3 (1985) 623.Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. PAI, J. P. SHUKLA, P. K. KHOPKAR, M. S. SUBRAMANIAN, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 39 (1978) 323.Google Scholar
- 8.P. K. KHOPKAR, J. N. MATHUR, Separ. Sci. Tech., 16 (1981) 957.Google Scholar
- 10.Y. HASEGAWA, S. HARUNA, Solvent Extr. Ion. Ex., 2 (1984) 451.Google Scholar
- 11.J. N. MATHUR, Solvent Extr. Ion. Ex., 1 (1983) 349.Google Scholar