Methods and results of99Tc analysis of Nevada test site groundwaters
- 32 Downloads
Samples of the long-lived fission product99Tc were isolated from liter quantities of selected groundwaters from the Cheshire, Bilby, Nash, Bourbon, Cambric and Faultless event sites and the99Tc concentrations determined by liquid scintillation counting. Although99Tc was detected in several of the samples, the concentrations did not exceed the MPCw of 3·10−4 μCi/ml and the results indicated that the Tc was present primarily in solution rather than sorbed on colloidal-size material.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Nash Sorb Liquid Scintillation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. C. KOCHER, Radioactive Decay Data Tables, DOC/TIC-11026, NTIS, Springfield, VA, 1981, p. 108.Google Scholar
- 2.D. ISHERWOOD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Report UCRL-53594, Livermore, CA, 1985, p. 10.Google Scholar
- 3.R. W. BUDDEMEIER, D. ISHERWOOD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Report UCRL-53628, Livermore, CA (1985), p. 57.Google Scholar
- 4.R. W. BUDDEMEIER, D. ISHERWOOD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Report UCRL-53628, Livermore, CA, 1985, p. 10 and 32.Google Scholar
- 5.A. E. OGARD, J. F. KERRISK, Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LA-10188-MS, Los Alamos, NM, 1984, p. 9.Google Scholar
- 6.W. R. DANIELS, J. L. THOMPSON, Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LA-10121-PR, Los Alamos, NM, 1984, p. 29.Google Scholar
- 7.R. J. SERNE, J. F. RELYEA, Pacific Northwest Laboratory Report PNL-3997, Richland, WA, 1982, p. 28.Google Scholar
- 8.H. J. LUXENBURGER, H. SCHUTTELKOPF, Proc. 5th Intern. Conf. on Nuclear Methods in Environmental and Energy Research, CONF/TIC-840408, NTIS, Springfield, VA, 1984, p. 376.Google Scholar
- 10.R. W. BUDDEMEIER, D. ISHERWOOD, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Report UCRL-53628, Livermore, CA, 1985, p. 41.Google Scholar
- 11.U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 10, Part 20 (1982) 206.Google Scholar
- 12.S. YARIV, H. CROSS, Geochemistry of Colloid Systems, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1979, p. 210.Google Scholar