Chromatographic purification of no-carrier-added magnesium-28 for biological studies
- 32 Downloads
The preparation of no-carrier-added28Mg from a pure Al target irradiated by an α-particle beam has been developed for biological tracer use. The28Mg was purified, by successive extraction and ion exchange chromatography. One hour irradiations at 5 μA of 50 MeV α-particles gave approximately 2 μCi of no-carrier-added and practically salt-free28Mg with high radionuclidic purities.
KeywordsChromatography Physical Chemistry Purification Inorganic Chemistry Exchange Chromatography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. HUDIS, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 4 (1957) 237.Google Scholar
- 2.T. NOZAKI, M. FURUKAWA, S. KUME, R. SEKI, Int. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 26 (1975) 17.Google Scholar
- 3.H. J. PROBST, S. M. QAIM, R. WEINREICH, Int. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 27 (1976) 431.Google Scholar
- 4.R. WEINREICH, S. M. QAIM, H. MICHAEL, G. STOECKLIN, J. Radioanal. Chem., 30 (1976) 53.Google Scholar
- 5.F. W. E. STRELOW, T. N. VAN DER WALT, S. Afr. J. Chem., 37 (1984) 149.Google Scholar
- 6.S. N. BHOSALE, S. M. KHOPKAR, Talanta, 26 (1979) 889.Google Scholar
- 7.C. SHARMA, S. M. KHOPKAR, Anal. Chim. Acta, 167 (1985) 403.Google Scholar