Industrial analysis possibilities using long-life sealed-tube neutron generators
- 60 Downloads
Long-life sealed tube neutron generators appear very attractive for use in industrial systems, because of their modulation and their high neutron output capabilities. SODERN is now able to put on the market different types of transportable neutron generators, designed for intensive use, called GENIE. The main potential applications are: high sensitivity measurement of transuranic elements in nuclear waste drums, in situ measurements for oil and mineral logging, process control for bulk material or in metallurgy, hidden explosives detection, neutron radiography, etc. ... The present paper shows some examples of how to use such generators most effectively.
KeywordsExplosive Nuclear Waste Neutron Output Industrial System Neutron Generator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. CLUZEAU, J. R. HURIET, Nucl. Instr. Methods, B56/57, 1991, p. 911.Google Scholar
- 2.P. BACH, Sealed tube neutron generators for detection and analysis, Proc. Conf. on the Applications of Nuclear Techniques, Heraklio, June 1990, World Scientific edition.Google Scholar
- 3.CEA Patent No. 2 588 969 (Feb. 26, 1988); CEA/SODERN Patent No. 2 641 867, Jan. 13, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.W. E. DANCE, S. CLUZEAU, H. U. MAST, Integration of an advanced sealed tube neutron generator into a mobile neutron radiology system, 11th Int. Conf. on Applications of accelerators, Denton, Texas/USA, Nov. 8, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.M. BARDY, P. RUFFET, M. CANCE, 9th Annual Symp. on Safeguards and Nuclear Material Management, London, May 12–14, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.P. RUFFET, P. CHOPLIN, Non Destructive Assay of Radioactive Waste Meeting, Cadarache, France, Nov 20–22, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.Y. BEROUD, J. ROMEYER-DHERBEY, R. BERNE, CEA-SGN paper for Non Destructive Assay of Radioactive Waste Meeting, Cadarache, France, Nov 1989.Google Scholar
- 8.J. P. BARON, L. DEBRAY, Potential of Nuclear techniques for On Line Bulk Analysis in the Mineral Industry, Int. Conf. Application of Nuclear Techniques, Heraklion, June 1990, World Scientific edition.Google Scholar
- 9.J. P. BARON, J. CARIOU, S. CLUZEAU, Use of new neutron generator for in situ determination of elements, Conf. on Applications of Accelerators, Denton, Texas/USA, Nov 1986.Google Scholar
- 10.B. AUBERT et al., Report NIM-A279, 1989, p. 126.Google Scholar