Concentration of natural radionuclides in various types of building materials in Slovakia
- 42 Downloads
The building materials and products whose content of natural radionuclides are contributors to the radiation exposure of the population. In this study several types of building materials used for construction of living buildings in Slovakia were examined. The concentrations of natural radionuclides (226Ra,232Th and40K) were determined by γ-ray spectrometry with an HPGe detector. In the second part of the work, sixty samples of building products (panel), used for dwelling construction in several towns in Slovakia, were analysed. The concentration of natural radionuclides and the radium equivalent activity content in the inner-and outerside of the wall were estimated. The results were used for the calculation of the annual mean effective photon dose rates, by the model and calculation procedure of KRISIUK and KARPOV.
KeywordsRadiation Radium Radionuclide Radiation Exposure Dose Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. KOMÍNEK, J. MRNUŠTÍK, Rádioaktivita a zivotné prostredie, 10 (1987) 219.Google Scholar
- 2.Standard Method No. 290/P/19/93 for Collection and Pretreatment of samples for Assessment of Health Risk of Natural Radioactivity in Building Materials, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.A. SAVIDOU, C. RAPTIS, P. KRITIDIS, Rad. Prot. Dos., 59 (1995) 309.Google Scholar
- 4.A. MALANCA, V. PESINA, G. DALLARA, Rad. Prot. Dos., 48 (1993) 199.Google Scholar
- 6.V. K. SHUKLA, S. SADASIVAN, V. K. SUNDARAM, S. V. NAMBIR, Rad. Prot. Dos., 59 (1995) 127.Google Scholar