Extraction of lanthanoids and some associated elements by mono-(2-ethylhexyl)phosphoric acid and their separations
- 50 Downloads
Mono-(2-ethylhexyl)phosphoric acid (H2MEHP) has been used to study the extraction of some lanthanoids and other associated elements from nitric acid medium. Effect of various variables like kind of diluent, concentration of metal ion, nitric acid and extractant has been investigated. Based on distribution data, it was possible to achieve some separations of lighter lanthanoids from metals like titanium, zirconium, thorium and uranium with high separation factors.
KeywordsTitanium Physical Chemistry Zirconium Inorganic Chemistry Uranium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. PLAKSIN, N. A. SUVOVOVSKAYA, S. Y. KUZNETSOVA, Akad. Nauk, SSSR, Inst. Gorn, Dela, 51 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. BRAY, AEC Association, Report No. H. W.-75537, 1962.Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. KOSYAKOV, E. A. ERIN, J. Radioanal. Chem., 43 (1978) 240.Google Scholar
- 5.R. SHABANA, H. RUF, J. Radioanal. Chem., 36 (1977) 387.Google Scholar
- 10.A. JAIN, O. V. SINGH, S. N. TANDON, Lanthanide and Actinide Res., 2 (1987) 23.Google Scholar