Synergistic extraction of uranium(VI) with 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-acylpyrazolone-5 and neutral extractants
- 38 Downloads
The synergistic extraction of uranium(VI) from hydrochloric acid solution with five chelating agents: 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-benzoylpyrazolone-5 (PMBP), 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-acetylpyrazolone-5 (PMAP), 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-(2′-chlorobenzoyl)pyrazolone-5 (PMCBP), 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-(p-nitrobenzoyl)pyrazolone-5 (PMNBP) and 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-trifluoroacetylpyrazolone-5 (PMTFP) plus the neutral extractants tributylphosphate (TBP), dioctyl sulfoxide (DOSO) and trioctylphosphine oxide (TOPO) in chloroform has been investigated. The extraction coefficients have been found to be greater for such mixtures than the individual component. The formulas of the extracted species have been determined to be UO2A2B (where HA = chelating agent, B = neutral extractant). Extraction power of these chelating agents increases as follows: PMCBP>PMNBP>PMTFP=PMBP>PMAP. Synergistic extraction power of the neutral extractants increases as follows: TOPO>DOSO>TBP. The extraction equilibrium constants have been calculated. The mechanism of the synergistic extraction and possible structure of the extracted species are discussed.
KeywordsUranium Hydrochloric Acid Topo Hydrochloric Acid Solution Chelate Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.QIN QI-ZONG, MAO JIA-JUN, JING ZHONG-KAO, LU ZHI-REN, Chemical Separation Methods, Atomic Energy Press, Beijing, 1984.Google Scholar
- 2.GU YI-DONG, SONG YUAN, Chem. J. Chinese Univ., 2 (1981) 2.Google Scholar
- 4.WANG JING-JING, MAO JIA-JUN, J. Fudan Univ. (Natural Science), 19 (1980) 322.Google Scholar
- 5.MAO JIA-JUN, SONG AI-BAO, DUAN LONG-BIAO, Acta Chim. Sinica, 39 (1981) 37.Google Scholar
- 6.ZHUANG WEI-NONG, YU YIN, SHI HAO, ZHANG HUA-LIN, Chem. J. Chinese Univ., 5 (1984) 616.Google Scholar
- 8.MAO JIA-JUN, CHEN YU-DE, ZHANG GUI-RONG, ZHOU ZU-MING, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 100 (1986) 103.Google Scholar
- 9.B. S. JENSEN, Acta. Chim. Scand., 13 (1959) 1668.Google Scholar
- 10.J. STARY, H. HREISES, Equilibrium Constants of Liquid-Liquid Distribution Reactions, Part IV. Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1978.Google Scholar
- 11.CHEN YU-DE, Chem. J. Chinese Univ., 6 (1985) 290.Google Scholar