Study on the contents of trace rare earth elements and their distribution in wheat and rice samples by RNAA
- 130 Downloads
The concentrations of 8 REE (La, Ce, Nd, Sm, Eu, Tb, Yb and Lu) in wheat and rice samples have been determined by RNAA. The contents and distributions of REE in each part of the plants (i.e. root, leaf, stem, husk and seed) and their host soils were studied, which included samples applied with rare earch elements in farming and control samples. The effects of applying rare earths on the uptake of REE by the plants and the REE accumulation in the grains on human health were also discussed in this paper.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Rare Earth Control Sample Earth Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GUO BAISHENG et al., Rare Earths in Agriculture, China Agricultural Science and Technology Press, Beijing, 1988 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 2.WANG KUI et al., Trace Elements in Life Science, Vol. 2, China Metrology Press, Beijing, 1992, p. 242.Google Scholar
- 4.P. S. TJIOE, K. J. VOLKERS, J. J. KROON, J. J. M. DEGOEI, J. Radioanal. Chem., 80 (1983) 129.Google Scholar
- 5.Institute of Geophysical and Geochemical Exploration, MGMR, The Report on the Biological and Human Hair Standard Materials (GSV1-GSV4, HHs-1), Beijing, 1990.Google Scholar
- 6.E. S. GLADNEY et al., NBS Special Publication 260-88, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.L. A. HASKIN et al., in: Origin and Distribution Abundances of Elements, L. H. AHRENS (Ed.), Pergmong Press, Oxford, 1968, p. 889.Google Scholar
- 8.JI YUNJING, Toxicological Study on Safety Evaluation of Rare Earths Used in Agriculture, Journal of the Chinese Rare Earth Society, Special Issue on Hygiene and Toxicology of Rare Earths, 1985, p. 4 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 9.SU DEZHAO, GAO JUNQUAN, WANG HUAIZHOU, Determination and Investigation of Rare Earths in Food-Plants, Special Issue on Hygiene and Toxicology of Rare Earths, 1985, p. 95 (in Chinese).Google Scholar