Preconcentration on hydrous magnesium oxide for neutron activation analysis
- 31 Downloads
It was found that trace amount of various ions could be effectively adsorbed onto hydrous magnesium oxide from aqueous solution. Attempts were made to investigate the feasibility of using hydrous magnesium oxide as preconcentration agent for neutron activation analysis (NAA). The procedure was successfully applied for the measurements of trace amounts of elements in the surface water of a number of large rivers which play very important roles in the lives of local people. Some of them are polluted rather badly. In order to improve the living standards it is rather important to establish reliable analytical methods so that more effective surveillance may be enforced on pollution control problems. NAA is generally accepted as one of the most suitable methods for simultaneous and multielemental determination of trace amounts of elements. In this work polluted surface waters were investigated by NAA using Tsing Hua Open-pool Reactor (THOR).
KeywordsOxide Aqueous Solution Magnesium Surface Water Inorganic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. M. LO, J. C. WEI, S. J. YEH, Anal. Chim. Acta, 91 (1978) 311.Google Scholar
- 2.J. M. LO, J. C. WEI, M. H. YANG, S. J. YEH, J. Radioanal. Chem., 72 (1982) 571.Google Scholar
- 3.S. J. YEH, J. M. LO, Y. L. WANG, J. Chin. Chem. Soc., 31 (1984) 42.Google Scholar
- 4.J. M. LO, S. J. YEH, J. Chin. Chem. Soc., 31 (1984) 59.Google Scholar
- 5.S. TANAKA, S. SHIBATA, P. Y. CHEN, C. N. KE, S. J. YEH, Geochem. J., 11 (1977) 171.Google Scholar
- 6.S. J. YEH, P. Y. CHEN, C. N. KE, S. TANAKA, Geochem. J., 10 (1976) 211.Google Scholar
- 8.S. J. YEH, P. Y. CHEN, S. T. HSU, J. Chin. Chem. Soc., 22 (1975) 17.Google Scholar
- 9.S. J. YEH, J. M. LO, C. L. TSENG, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 124 (1888) 157.Google Scholar