Identification of the origin of silicate, magnetic and glass spherules from trace elemental abundances by INAA
- 27 Downloads
Chemical elemental compositions of some silicate, magnetic and glass spherules were investigated with INAA. The elements determined include Os, Ir, Ni, Co, Fe, Cr, Au, La, Ce, Sm, Eu, Yb, Lu and Sc etc. The elemental correlation, as well as their enrichment (or depletion) factors relative to Cl chondrite were examined. The high concentrations of the refractory siderophile elements contained in these spherules support the proposal that they originate from extraterrestrial substances. Some useful chemical criteria for identifying the sources of silicate, magnetic and glass spherules are put forward.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Silicate Inorganic Chemistry Elemental Composition INAA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. NOGAMI, T. SHIMAMURA, Y. TAZAWA, K. YAMAKOSHI, Geochem. J., 14 (1980) 11.Google Scholar
- 2.K. YAMAKOSHI, Proc. 14th Lunar and Planetary Science Symposium, Houston, Texas, USA, 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.R. GANAPATHY, D. E. BROWNLEE, P. W. HODGE, Science, 201 (1978) 1119.Google Scholar
- 4.S. L. MA, C. F. CHAI, X. Y. MAO, X. Y. XIAO, Z. Y. OUYANG, Science Bulettin, 30 (1985) 1236.Google Scholar
- 5.H. NAGASAWA, K. YAMAKOSHI, H. HIGUCHI, Geochem. J., 14 (1980) 1.Google Scholar
- 6.Institute of Geochemistry, Academia Sinica, Concise Handbook of Geochemistry, Science Press, Beijing, 1981, p. 79.Google Scholar