Selective separation of palladium from simulated intermediate radioactive waste nitrate by IRA-410 and IRA-900 anion exchangers
- 50 Downloads
Selective efficient method have been for separation of palladium by strong basic anion exchangers IRA-410 and IRA-900 from intermediate radioactive nitrate medium. The different conditions for exchange behaviour of palladium from [ILLW] solutions containing numbre of elements were investigated by batch technique. Selective recovery of palladium from the [ILLW] solution was achieved using column technique. The elution of palladium was carried out via reduction with formic acid where the rate of the reduction process was increased by decreasing the formic acid concentration till 50% followed by dissolving the separated palladium by nitric acid.
KeywordsNitrate Palladium Formic Acid Nitric Acid Acid Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (2).Enxin,M. and Guoliang,W., Solv. Extr. Ion Exch., 6, 1035 (1988).Google Scholar
- (3).Gorski,B. and Grunding,M., Isotopenpraxis, 20, 93 (1984).Google Scholar
- (5).Panesko,J.V., ARH-733, Atlantic Richfield HanfordGoogle Scholar
- (6).Panesko, J.V., ARH-1279, Atlantic Richfield Hanford Company, Richland, Washington, U.S.A. (1969).Google Scholar
- (8).Thayer,V.R., DPST-66-433, E. I. Du Pont Nemours Company, Aikne South Carolina, U.S.A. (1966).Google Scholar
- (9).Nair,A.G.C., Das,S.K. and Prakash,S., Soc. Appl. Rad. and Isot., 41, 423 (1990).Google Scholar
- (10).Ahmadian,N., Geckeis,H. and Neumann,W., Status report of PTUB/SN Karlsruhe, Germany, (1989).Google Scholar
- (11).Ruizhen,W., Chonglua,J. and Zhicao,F., Soc. At. Ener. Sci. and Technol., 22, 285 (1988).Google Scholar
- (13).Basalo,F. and Pearson,R.G., Mechanism of Inorganic Reactions, 2nd Ed., wiley, New York, U.S.A. (1967).Google Scholar