A new method for the extraction of Hg(II) with thioethylacetoacetate into chloroform
- 27 Downloads
A rapid method for the solvent extraction of Hg(II) into chloroform has been developed, employing thioethylacetoacetate (HETAcAc) as a extracting agent. The extraction of Hg(II) was better than 99% over the pH range 0.3 to 7.3. The extraction equilibrium was reached within 2 min. The effect of various parameters such as anions and cations, solvent effect, etc., on the extraction coefficient has been studied. The stoichiometry metal: reagent was determined by the method of substoichiometric extraction and was found to be 1∶4.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Chloroform Solvent Extraction Solvent Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. H. CHESTON, S. E. LIVINGSTONE, T. M. LOCKYEAR, A. V. PICKELS, J. S. SHANON, Austral. J. Chem., 18 (1965) 673.Google Scholar
- 2.D. P. DAVE, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Bombay, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Z. KHAN, Z. R. TUREL, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters, 45 (1980) 99.Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. VOGEL, Text-Book of Quantitative Analysis, Longmans Green and Co. Ltd, London, 1961.Google Scholar
- 5.S. K. MITRA, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 10 (1933) 71.Google Scholar