NAA with gamma-line related (ko) and isotope related (ki) analytical factors
- 30 Downloads
Theko-standardization method is based on analytical constants, which are γ-line related and the results are calculated from the peak areas of the γ-ray spectrum. Consequently, prerequisites of this method are the correct identification of the γ-lines and the avoidance of unresolved peak interferences. Because these problems are already solved with nuclide identification programs, a new variant of theko-method was developed, using the activities of the nuclides instead of the peak areas. We introduced isotope related factors,ki, calculated fromko-factors. The procedure is described and results are compared with those obtained by the γ-line based method.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Base Method Related Factor Correct Identification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. SIMONITS, F. DeCORTE, J. HOSTE, J. Radioanal. Chem., 24 (1975) 31.Google Scholar
- 2.A. SIMONITS, F. DeCORTE, J. HOSTE, J. Radional. Chem., 31 (1976) 467.Google Scholar
- 3.L. MOENS, F. DeCORTE, A. DeWISPELAERE, J. HOSTE, A. SIMONITS, A. ELEK, E. SZABO, J. Radioanal. Chem., 82 (1984) 385.Google Scholar
- 4.F. DeCORTE, The ko-Standardization Method, a Move to the Optimization of Neutron Activation Analysis, Thesis, Univ. Gent, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.G. ERDTMANN, H. PETRI, B. KAYSSER, G. KÜPPERS, J. Trace Microprobe Techn., 6 (1988) 337.Google Scholar
- 6.G. ERDTMANN, Application of Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis in the Analytical Division of the Research Center Jülich (KFA). Jül-Report 2561, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.R. GUNNINK, J. B. NIDAY, Computerized Quantitative Analysis by Gamma-Ray Spectrometry, Vols 1–3, UCRL-51061, 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.R. G. HELMER, M. H. PUTNAM, C. M. McCULLAGH, Nucl. Instrum. Methods, A242 (1986) 427.Google Scholar
- 9.G. KÜPPERS, G. ERDTMANN, J. Radional. Nucl. Chem., 160 (1992) 425.Google Scholar
- 10.G. ERDTMANN, Neutron Activation Analysis: Techniques and Relevant Nuclear Data, to be published as Jül-Report.Google Scholar