Determination of impurities in zircaloy clad by means of neutron activation analysis
- 45 Downloads
A method is described for determining impurities in Zr-2 and Zr-4 clads by means of instrumental neutron activation analysis followed by high resolution gamma-ray spectrometry. The samples were irradiated in IRT-5000 using vertical channels and a pneumatic system with neutron fluxes of about 3·1013 and 4.8·1011 n·cm−2·s−1, respectively, and counted using Ge(Li) detectors coupled to an on-line computer. The following impurties have been determined Al, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, As, Sn, Sb, Hf and W.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry High Resolution Activation Analysis Neutron Activation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. NAKAI, S. YAJIMA, I. FUJII, M. OKADA, Neutron Activation Analysis Abstr., 2 (1972) No. 2, Oct–Dec., 96.Google Scholar
- 2.N. LAVI, Radiochem. Radioanal. Lett., 19 (1974) 243.Google Scholar
- 3.F. GIRARDI, G. GUZZI, J. PAULY, Radiochim. Acta, 4 (1965) 109.Google Scholar
- 4.W. D. MACKINTOSH, R. E. JERVIS, Anal. Chem., 30 (1958) 1180.Google Scholar
- 5.M. ÖRDÖGH, G. CSÁTH, E. SZABÓ, J. Radioanal. Chem., 7 (1971) 249.Google Scholar
- 6.B. T. EDDY, D. C. G. PEARTON, J. J. WATTERSON, Johannesburg, National Institute for Metallurgy, Report No. 1861, Sep. 1976.Google Scholar
- 7.G. ERDTHMANN, Neutron Activation Tables, 1976.Google Scholar
- 8.S. NIESE, ZA-Mitteilungen, Nr. 69. 2nd Working Meeting on Radioisotope Application and Radiation Processing in Industry, 28 September–October, 1982.Google Scholar