Internal standard method utilized for 14 MeV neutron induced characteristic X-ray emission analysis
- 28 Downloads
An activation analytical method has been developed for determining Cd, Ag, Sb, Se, Br by 14 MeV neutron-induced X-ray emission spectroscopy using Pr as an internal standard. A good correlation was obtained between the activity ratio, RAo and the weight ratio, RW. Results are given after correction for self-absorption and without correction. The results are comparable in both cases when dilution with H3BO3 (≈90%) is applied. The elements listed can be determined at minor concentrations (≥0.01%) with a relative error not more than ±5%.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Standard Method Relative Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. AMIEL, Non-Destructive Activation Analysis with Nuclear Reactors and Radioactive Neutron Sources, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1981. p. 25.Google Scholar
- 2.SHUENN-GANG CHEN, HUI-TUH STAI, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters, 51 (1982) 199.Google Scholar
- 3.J. JANCZYSZYN, S. KWIECINSKI, Inst. of Physics and Nuclear Techniques, Kraków, Report Int. 133/1/1978.Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. MAMIKOYAN, Apparatura i Metody Fluorescentnogo Rentgeno-radiometricheskogo Analiza, Atomizdat, Moscow, 1976.Google Scholar
- 5.E. BREITENBERGER, Proc. Phys. Soc. 69A (1956) 453.Google Scholar
- 6.AYOUB M. BAROUNI, L. BAKOS, É. ZEMPLÉN-PAPP, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 126 (1988) 407.Google Scholar
- 7.D. DE SOETE, R. GIJBELS, J. HOSTE, Neutron Activation Analysis, J. Wiley Interscience, London, 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.W. M. J. VEIGELE, Atomic Data Tables, 5 (1973) 5.Google Scholar