Kinetics and mechanism of distribution of Am(III) and Eu(III) between thenoyltrifluoroacetone-triphenylarsine oxide mixture in chloroform and aqueous nitrate medium
- 40 Downloads
The kinetics of distribution of Am(III) and Eu(III) between thenoyltrifluoroacetone (HTTA) and triphenylarsine oxide (Ph3AsO) mixture in chloroform and aqueous nitrate medium has been investigated using a stirred Lewis cell at ionic strength of 0.1M. The effect of the concentration of HTTA, Ph3AsO, H+ and NO 3 − on the rate of distribution of Am(III) and Eu(III) was studied. The results were interpreted by reaction mechanisms where the rate-determining steps are the parallel reactions of Am(OH)2+ or Eu(OH)2+ with one HTTA molecule and one Ph3AsO molecule in the aqueous medium. The values at 25 °C of the rate constantkHLL′ (HL=HTTA andL′=Ph3AsO) are 1.6±0.3·106M−2·s−1 and 2.3±±0.3·108M−2·s−1 for Am(III) and Eu(III), respectively.
KeywordsOxide Nitrate Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Chloroform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.T. V. HEALY, J. Nucl. Sci. Eng., 16 (1963) 413.Google Scholar
- 5.V. FRIEHMELTS, CH. FRYDECH, R. GAULITZ, Intern. Conf. on Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing and Waste Management, Paris, 1987, p. 479.Google Scholar
- 6.J. A. DAOUD, S. M. KHALIFA, H. F. ALY, Ber. Bunsen Ges. Phys. Chem., 94 (1990) 59.Google Scholar
- 7.J. A. DAOUD, S. M. KHALIFA, H. F. ALY, Solvent Extr. Ion Exch., 9 (1991) 137.Google Scholar
- 8.J. A. DAOUD, S. M. KHALIFA, E. H. BORAI, H. F. ALY, Radiochim. Acta, 61 (1993) 77.Google Scholar
- 9.J. A. DAOUD, E. H. BORAI, H. F. ALY, Radiochim. Acta, 62 (1993) 45.Google Scholar
- 10.P. R. DANESI, Solvent Extr. Ion Exch., 2 (1984) 29.Google Scholar
- 11.B. DESIRE, M. HUSSONNOIS, R. GUILLAUMONT, Compt. Rend., Paris, 269 (1969) 448.Google Scholar
- 12.J. STARY, H. FREISER, Equilibrium Constants of Liquid-Liquid Distribution: Part IV, Chelating Extractants, Pergamon Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- 13.C. F. BAES, Jr., R. E. MESMER, The Hydrolysis of Cations, Wiley-Interscience, 1976, p. 137.Google Scholar
- 14.K. J. LAIDLER, Chemical Kinetics, McGraw Hill, London, 1975, p. 205.Google Scholar