Possibilities of using hafnium neutron filters for reactor NAA with fast neutrons
- 38 Downloads
The possibilities of using hafnium irradiation filters for reactor fast neutron activation analysis have been evaluated. The filter characteristics of hafnium for this application are discussed and compared with some traditional filter materials. The main advantage for hafnium is its ability to remove a great portion of the slowing down neutrons, which may enhance the sensitivity of determination via threshold reactions.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Activation Analysis Neutron Activation Neutron Activation Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.P. LAVI, Radiochem. Radioanal. Lett., 27 (1976) 163.Google Scholar
- 4.J. J. ROWE, E. STEINNES, J. Radioanal. Chem., 37 (1977) 849.Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. BAEDECKER, J. J. ROWE, E. STEINNES, J. Radioanal. Chem., 37 (1977) 115.Google Scholar
- 6.W. GATSCHKE, D. GAWLIK, J. Radioanal. Chem., 56 (1980) 203.Google Scholar
- 7.F. CHISELA, Ph. D. Thesis, Technische Universität Berlin, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.W. A. KERMIT, J. S. THEILACKER, Neutron Absorber Materials, Naval Reactors, Naval Reactors, Division of Reactor Development, USA Atomic Energy Commission, 1962.Google Scholar