The effect of morphological changes on the coprecipitation of strontium by calcium phosphate
- 43 Downloads
The coprecipitation of strontium by a calcium phosphate phase formed at an elevated pH 10.8 was investigated. The first phase obtained under these conditions in the amorphous calcium phosphate (ACP) which is transformed into crystalline hydroxyapatite (HA) after the induction period. Is has been shown that this transformation together with morphological changes of the precipitated solid phase, influences the amount of the sorbed strontium significantly. The possible consequences of this finding on practical application of coprecipitation of strontium by calcium phosphate have been discussed.
KeywordsCalcium Phosphate Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Morphological Change
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. URANO, H. TACHIKAMA, M. KITAJIMA, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 31 (1992) 1513.Google Scholar
- 2.IAEA Technical Report Series, No. 236, Vienna, 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.G. G. EICHOLZ, Environmental Aspects of Nuclear Power, Ann Arbor Sci. Pub., Michigan, 1980.Google Scholar
- 4.P. G. KOUTSOUKOS, G. H. NANCOLLAS, J. Phys. Chem., 85 (1981) 2403.Google Scholar
- 5.I. V. MELIKHOV, A. S. KELEBEEV, S. BAČIC, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 112 (1986) 54.Google Scholar
- 6.J. M. HOLMES, R. A. BEEBE, Calc. Tiss. Res., 7 (1971) 163.Google Scholar
- 7.J. L. MEYER, C. C. WEATHERALL, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 89 (1982) 257.Google Scholar
- 8.S. RAIĈEVIĆ-BAĈIĆ, Uptake of radionuclides by polydisperse solid phase, PhD Thesis, University of Belgrade, 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.A. EBRAHIMPOUR, M. JOHNSSON, C. F. RICHARDSON G. H. NANCOLLAS, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 159 (1993) 158.Google Scholar
- 10.I. V. MELIKHOV, Ž. VUKOVIĆ, S. BAČIC, S. LAZIĆ, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 81 (1985) 1275.Google Scholar
- 11.W. KIBALCZYC, K. BONDARCZUK, J. Crystal Growth, 71 (1985) 751.Google Scholar