Input of missing trace elements in some IAEA/NBS biological certified reference materials using INAA
IAEA and NBS biological certified reference materials have been analyzed by instrumental neutron activation analysis and concentration of 17 elements was determined. The elements determined were either completely missing or their certified values were not given in the original compilations. For quality assurance of our work, a comparison of data on missing trace elements in some of the CRMs has been presented. It seems that second round of analysis for the certification of these elements would be useful.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Reference Material Quality Assurance Activation Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. DYBCZYNSKI, A. TUGSAVUL, O. SUSCHNY, Report on the Intercomparison Run Soil-5 for the determination of trace elements in soil, IAEA/RL/46, January 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.R. M. PARR, Report on the Intercomparison Run Animal Muscle (H-4) for the determination of trace elements, IAEA/RL/69, October 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.L. PSZONICKI, A. VEGLIA, R. DYBCZYNSKI, O. SUSCHNY, Report on the Intercomparison Run Rye Flour (V-8) for the determination of trace elements, IAEA/RL/91, January 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.L. PSZONICKI, A. N. HANNA, O. SUSCHNY, Report on the Intercomparison Run Animal Blood (A-13) for the determination of trace elements, IAEA/RL/98, March 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.J. J. LaBRECQUE, A. N. HANNA, A. RASSOUL, R. SCHELENZ, Report on the Intercomparison Run Lake Sediment (SL-3) for the determination of major, minor and trace elements, IAEA/RL/143, July 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.S. AHMAD, M. S. CHAUDHARY, I. H. QURESHI, J. Radioanal. Chem., 67 (1981) 119.Google Scholar
- 7.I. FATIMA, S. WAHEED, A. MANNAN, I. H. QURESHI, Toxicol. Environ. Chem., 10 (1985) 321.Google Scholar
- 8.I. H. QURESHI, J. H. ZAIDI, M. ARIF, I. FATIMA, Intern. J. Environ. Anal. Chem., 43 (1990) 25.Google Scholar
- 9.E. BROWNE, R. B. FIRESTONE, Table of Radioactive Isotopes, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- 10.E. S. GLADNEY, B. T. O'MALLEY, I. ROELANDTS, T. E. GILLS, Standard Reference Materials: Compilation of elemental concentration data for NBS clinical, biological, geological and environmental standard reference materials, NBS Special Publication 260-111, November 1987.Google Scholar
- 11.A. R. BYRNE, C. CAMARA-RICA, R. CORNELIS, J. J. M. DE GOEIJ, G. V. IVENGAR, G. KIRKBRIGHT, G. KNAPP, R. M. PARR, M. STOEPPLER, Fresen. Z. Anal. Chem., 326 (1987) 723.Google Scholar