Phase behaviour near the triple point of carbon dioxide confined in mesoporous VYCOR glass
- 38 Downloads
The phase behaviour of carbon dioxide confined in VYCOR glass at pressures below that of the bulk triple point (∼0.51 MPa) has been investigated. The temperature at which freezing occurs appears to be pressure dependent below 0.3 MPa. As experiments are performed at successively lower pressures, the confined phase transitions gradually disappear, due to either partial pore filling, or the proximity of the confined triple point.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Dioxide Phase Transition Carbon Dioxide Inorganic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. H. EVERETT, in: The Solid Gas Interface, Vol. 2, A. FLOOD (Ed.), Marcel Dekker, New York, 1967, p. 1055.Google Scholar
- 2.S. J. GREGG, K. S. W. SING, 1982 Adsorption, Surface Area and Porosity, Academic Press, New York, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.R. EVANS, J. Phys. Cond. Matt., 2 (1990) 8989.Google Scholar
- 4.J. A. DUFFY, N. J. WILKINSON, M. A. ALAM, H. M. FRETWELL, R. EVANS, J. Phys.: Cond. Matt., 7 (1995) L713.Google Scholar
- 5.E. MOLZ, A. P. Y. WONG, M. H. W. CHAN, J. R. BEAMISH, Phys. Rev., B 48 (1993) 5741.Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. ALAM, et al., this Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 7.Corning Reference Data Sheet for Porous VYCOR 7930.Google Scholar
- 8.J. A. DUFFY, PhD Thesis, University of Bristol, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.J. A. DUFFY, H. M. FRETWELL, M. A. ALAM, R. EVANS, to be submitted to Langmuir.Google Scholar
- 10.International Critical Tables, Mc. Graw-Hill, New York, 1929.Google Scholar