Influence of pollution and building materials on domestic radioactivity in Marrakechi dwellings
- 36 Downloads
Domestic radioactivity has been studied by using LR-115 and CR-39 solid state nuclear track detectors (SNTD) and a suitable beta- and gamma-gaseous counter. A new calibration method, based on measuring thoron (220Rn) to radon (222Rn) ratios, has been developed for determining the α-activity originating from radon in different Marrakechi dwellings. The influence of building materials as well as pollution and airing factors, on domestic radioactivity has been investigated.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Solid State Radon Building Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. E. CHEROUATI, S. D. JEFFAL, S. A. DURRANI, Nucl. Tracks Radiat. Meas., 13 (1988) No. 1-4, 583.Google Scholar
- 2.S. D. JEFFAL, D. E. CHEROUATI, S. A. DURRANI, Nucl. Tracks Radiat. Meas., 13 (1988) No. 1-4, 587.Google Scholar
- 3.M. C. BUBBA-RAMU, T. S. MURALEEDHARAN, T. V. RAMACHANDRHAN, Sci. Total Environm., 73 (1988) 245.Google Scholar
- 4.M. ROKMY, C. SATIF, M. A. MISDAQ, 6th Intern. Symp. on Radiation Physics, July 18–22, 1994, Rabat (Morocco).Google Scholar
- 5.J. F. ZIEGLER, TRIM, Version 92, 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.IAEA Bulletin, Vol. 35, No. 2, 1993, p. 35.Google Scholar