Prompt analysis of rare earths by high-energy PIXE
- 42 Downloads
Thin targets of rare earth fluorides were bombarded with 66 and 85 MeV protons. Measured cross sections for X-ray production agreed with PWBA calculations. Satellite X-rays from nuclear reactions were obtained for both (Z-1) and (Z+1) products from the bombardment of element Z. Interference-free sensitivities were of the order of tens of nanograms under bombardment with 1 mC of integrated charge. The technique was applied for the analysis of geological ores and standards.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Fluoride Rare Earth Nuclear Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. HIROKAWA, F. NISHIYAMA, Y. KISO, Nucl. Instrum. Methods, B31 (1988) 525.Google Scholar
- 2.M. PEISACH, L. G. LACKAY, D. GIHWALA, Analyst, 114 (1989) 279.Google Scholar
- 3.M. PEISACH, C. A. PINEDA, Nucl. Instrum. Methods, B49 (1990) 10.Google Scholar
- 4.D. D. COHEN, Nucl. Instrum. Methods, B49 (1990) 1.Google Scholar
- 5.C. A. PINEDA, M. PEISACH, Nucl. Instrum. Methods, 299 (1990) 618.Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. CURRIE, Anal. Chem., 40 (1968) 586.Google Scholar