Application of prompt gamma-ray spectrometry to helium-3-induced activation of boron
- 30 Downloads
An assessment was made of the analytical potential of the exoergic reactions on boron, induced by3He+ beams. Possible interferences from C, N and O were studied. Gamma-rays originating from (3He, n), (3He, d), (3He, d), (3He, α) and Coulomb excitation were identified. Possible practical applications in boron studies are indicated.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Boron Analytical Potential Coulomb Excitation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. E. PILLAY, University of the Witwatersrand, Private communication, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.C. OLIVIER, M. PEISACH, J. Radioanal. Chem., 49 (1979) 265.Google Scholar
- 3.I. S. GILES, M. PEISACH, J. Radioanal. Chem., 50 (1979) 307.Google Scholar
- 4.J. B. MARION, F. C. YOUNG, Nuclear Reaction Analysis, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1968. p. 108.Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. GILES, M. PEISACH, J. Radioanal. Chem., 32 (1976) 105.Google Scholar
- 6.A. H. WAPSTRA, N. B. GOVE, Nucl. Data Tables, 9 (1971) 265.Google Scholar
- 7.M. PEISACH, J. Radioanal. Chem., 12 (1974) 251.Google Scholar