Determination of U, Th and other impurities in molybdenum by radiochemical neutron activation analysis
- 38 Downloads
A radiochemical separation method has been applied for determining uranium, thorium and other impurities in molybdenum metallic powder. The impurities of Na, K, Sm, Cr, Zr, Cs, Rb, Zn, Fe, Co and La were separated with a cation exchange resin, and uranium and thorium were, then, separated with an anion exchange resin. The content of impurities were determined by a single comparator method using two monitors, gold and cobalt.
KeywordsCobalt Uranium Molybdenum Cation Exchange Activation Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. T. KURNIK, S. K. KLINE, N. FRENCH, Chemical Engineering, 81 (1985) 30.Google Scholar
- 3.N. B. KIM, H. I. BAK, C. LEE, J. Kor. Nucl. Soc., 12 (1980) 29.Google Scholar
- 5.K. A. KRAUS, F. NELSON, Proc 1st Intern. Conf. on Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy, Geneva, 7 (1956) 113.Google Scholar
- 6.J. I. KIM, J. Radioanal. Chem., 63 (1981) 121.Google Scholar
- 7.N. B. KIM, K. S. PARK, H. I. BAK, J. Kor. Nucl. Soc., 18 (1986) 85.Google Scholar
- 9.E. BROWNE, J. M. DAIRIKI, R. E. DOEBLER, Table of Isotopes, 7th ed., C. M. LEDERER, V. S. SHIRLEY (Eds), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1978.Google Scholar
- 10.S. F. MUGHABGHAB, M. DIVADEENAM, N. E. HOLDEN, Neutron Cross Section, Vol. 1, Part A, Academic Press, New York, 1981.Google Scholar
- 11.S. F. MUGHABGHAB, Neutron Cross Section, Vol. 1, Part B, Academic Press, New York, 1984.Google Scholar