Synergistic solvent extraction of lutetium(III). Computer aided analysis
- 39 Downloads
Synergism in the extraction of Lu(III) from thiocyanate solutions has been investigated using mixtures of bis-2-ethylhexyl sulfoxide (B2EHSO) and 2-thenoyltrifluoroacetone (HTTA) or di-n-octyl sulfoxide (DOSO) or tri-n-octylphosphine oxide (TOPO) in benzene. For comparison, the synergistic extraction of Lu(III) from perchlorate solutions has also been investigated with a mixture of B2EHSO and HTTA. These extraction data have been analyzed theoretically with the aid of a computer by taking into account complexation of the metal in the aqueous phase by inorganic ligands and plausible complexation in the organic phase. The equilibrium constants of the various product species have been deduced by non-linear regression analysis.
KeywordsSulfoxide Solvent Extraction Topo Perchlorate Thiocyanate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. N. MATHUR, Solv. Extr. Ion Exch., 1 (1983) 349.Google Scholar
- 2.G. DUYCKAERTS, J. F., DESREUX, Intern. Solv. Extr. Conf., Toronto, 1977, p. 73.Google Scholar
- 3.L. K. REDDY, A. S. REDDY, V. V. RAMAKRISHNA, S. K. PATIL, J. Radioanal. Chem., 47 (1978) 57.Google Scholar
- 4.M. SUDERSANAN, A. K. SUNDARAM, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Chem. Sci.), 90 (1981) 137.Google Scholar
- 9.A. S. REDDY, M. L. P. REDDY, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 86 (1984) 303.Google Scholar
- 10.C. F. BAES, Jr., Nucl. Sci. Eng., 16 (1963) 405.Google Scholar
- 11.P. B. SANTHI, M. L. P. REDDY, T. R. RAMANOHAN, A. D. DAMODARAN, J. Chem. Eng. Japan, 24 (1991) 542.Google Scholar
- 13.BRUCE A. MOYER, CATHERINE E. CALEY, C. F. BAES, Jr., Solv. Extr. Ion Exch., 6 (1988) 785.Google Scholar
- 17.R. M. SMITH, A. E. MARTELL, Crirtical Stability Constants, Inorganic Complexes, Plenum Press, New York, NY, 1976.Google Scholar