Actinides and fission products extraction behavior in TBP/XAD7 chromatographic column
- 75 Downloads
A study for separation and sequential recovery of uranium and plutonium from nitric acid solutions by extraction chromatography using tributyl phosphate (TBP)/Amberlite XAD7 as stationary phase is presented. Distribution ratios of actinides, lanthanides and fission products were obtained. The column capacity was investigated and actinides retention conditions were established. Finally, U-Pu sequential separation was studied as well as the U and Pu recovery yields from nitric solutions containing Am/fission products were determined.
KeywordsUranium Nitric Acid Plutonium Fission Product Distribution Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. C. F. C. Felinto, T. A. Kuada, M. Yamaura, H. T. Matsuda, B. F. Araujo, Proc. V. Congresso Geral de Energia Nuclear, Vol. 3, Rio de Janeiro, 1994, p. 781.Google Scholar
- 2.T. A. Kuada, M. C. F. C. Felinto, M. Yamaura, H. T. Matsuda, B. F. Araujo, Proc. V. Congresso Geral de Energia Nuclear, Vol. 3, Rio de Janeiro, 1994, p. 809.Google Scholar
- 3.H. T. Matsuda, M. C. F. C. Felinto, M. Yamaura, T. A. Kuada, Proc. XXXIV. Congresso Brasileiro de Química, Oct., 1994.Google Scholar
- 4.J. N. Mathur, M. S. Murali, R. H. Iyer, A. Ramanujam, P. S. Dhami, V. Gopalakrishnan, Proc. Intern. Conf. and Technology Exposition on Future Nuclear Systems: Emerging Fuel Cycles and Waste Disposal Options, GLOBAL '93, Siettle, Washington, EUA, Sept. 12–17, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.V. Gopalakrishnan, P. S. Dhami, A. Ramanujam, M. V. Balarama Krishna, M. S. Murali, J. N. Mathur, R. H. Iyer, A. K. Bauri, A. Banerji, Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 191 (1995) 279.Google Scholar
- 6.E. P. Horwitz, R. Charizia, M. L. Dietz, H. Diamond, Anal. Chim. Acta, 281 (1993) 361.Google Scholar
- 7.J. N. Mathur, M. S. Murali, P. R. Natarajan, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 162 (1992) 171.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Pietrelli, A. Salluzzo, F. Trolani, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 141 (1990) 107.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Kimura, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 141 (1990) 307.Google Scholar