Experimental study of the effect of riblets and LEBU-devices on the drag of a body of revolution
- 28 Downloads
The effect of ribbed coatings and large-eddy-breakup devices (LEBUs) on the turbulent friction and total drag of a body-of-revolution model has been studied in a low-speed wind tunnel.
KeywordsExperimental Study Fluid Dynamics Wind Tunnel Total Drag Turbulent Friction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. Walsh, “Riblets”,Progr. Astronaut. and Aeronaut.,123, 203 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.M. J. Walsh and L. M. Weinstein, “Drag and heat transfer on surfaces with small longitudinal fins,” AIAA Pap. No. 1161 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.M. J. Walsh and A. M. Lindemann, “Optimization and application of riblets for drag reduction,” AIAA Pap. No. 347 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.G. V. Enyutin, Yu. A. Lashkov, N. V. Samoilova, et al., “Experimental investigation of the effect of longitudinal fins on the friction drag on a flat plate,”Izv. AN SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2, 140 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Enyutin, Yu. A. Lashkov, N. V. Samoilova, et al., “Experimental investigation of turbulent friction on intermittently ribbed surfaces,”Uch. Zap. TsAGI,22, No. 3, 43 (1991).Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Enyutin, Yu. A. Lashkov, N. V. Samoilova, et al., “Effect of downwash on the aerodynamic efficiency of ribbed surfaces,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 1, 37 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.G. V. Enyutin, Yu. A. Lashkov, N. V. Samoilova, et al., “Effect of external turbulence and pressure gradient on the efficiency of turbulent friction reduction on a ribbed surface,”Uch. Zap. TsAGI,22, No. 4, 33 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Gudilin, G. V. Enyutin, A. Yu. Kim, et al., “Experimental study of the combined effect of longitudinal riblets and LEBUs on turbulent friction,”Uch. Zap. TsAGI,20, No. 6, 8 (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.S. F. Konovalov, Yu.A. Lashkov, V. V. Mikhailov, et al., “Effect of riblets on the drag of a body of revolution,”Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 2, 174 (1992).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1996