Unsteady flow of a two-phase disperse medium from a cylindrical channel of finite dimensions into the atmosphere
- 15 Downloads
Within the framework of the mechanics of heterogenous media, the flow of a mixture of high-pressure gas and an initially close-packed disperse phase from a cylindrical channel of finite dimensions into the atmosphere is investigated numerically. The physical picture is analyzed and the characteristic stages of the process are established. Experimental data indicating satisfactory agreement between the mathematical model and the phenomenon investigated are presented.
KeywordsAtmosphere Experimental Data Mathematical Model Fluid Dynamics Disperse Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. E. Gel'fand, A. V. Gubanov, S. P. Medvedev, E. I. Timofeev, and S. A. Tsyganov, “Shock waves in the process of dispersion of a compressed solid-particle gas suspension,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,281, 1113 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. V. Kazakov, A. V. Fedorov, and V. M. Fomin, “Calculation of the dispersion of a compressed volume of gas suspension,”Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 5, 139 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Medvedev, A. N. Polenov, B. E. Gel'fand, and S. A. Tsyganov, “Blast waves in air formed in the instantaneous expansion of a compressed two-phase bulk-density medium,”Fiz. Goren. Vzryva,23, No. 3, 135 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.A. G. Kutushev and D. A. Rudakov, “Numerical investigation of the air blast wave parameters in the process of dispersion of an expanding layer of powdery medium,”Fiz. Goren. Vzryva,26, No. 6, 105 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.R. I. Nigmatulin,Dynamics of Multiphase Media, Vol. 1 [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.L. E. Sternin, B. I. Maslov, A. A. Sraiber, and A. M. Podvysotskii,Two-phase Mono- and Polydisperse Particle Gas Flows [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.O. M. Belotserkovskii and Yu. M. Davydov,Large Particle Method in Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.L. G. Loitsyanskii,Mechanics of Liquids and Gases, Pergamon Press, Oxford (1966).Google Scholar